Winogrand in Vogue? (and the MIT mp3)
Tod Papageorge knows how to get out the word. Here’s Winogrand at MIT in 1974, with a link to download a friendly mp3.
Big ups to anyone who wants to transcribe this so it’ll be available textually, too. Or is that on my plate?
The real question this morning is What The Heck is in Grace Coddington’s office at Vogue, as seen in The September Issue. Did Vogue recreate Winogrand’s Central Park chimp shot? Was it ever published? Which of you fashionistas has the goods? Share, please.
More Winogrand on 2point8.
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- “Foreign & Domestic” at Columbus State University, March 12th - April 19th
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?