I received a copyright-infringement takedown notice from a lawyer from the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, to pull these three Robert Frank videos.
When I posted the videos a year ago, I made a point to credit the Museum so that interested parties could follow-up with them (and perhaps even purchase copies: only $29.95!). If I had not credited the Museum, they would never have found the videos (unless their administrators constantly search youtube for Robert Frank videos).
It may not have been “right” for me to post the videos in the first place, but I’d think a Museum would understand the educational value of having 20,000 people (worldwide) look at their (credited!) 20-year old video production about a legendary artist.
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- “Foreign & Domestic” at Columbus State University, March 12th - April 19th
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?