Mark Alor Powell’s Mexico City Photography Workshop(s)
A few years ago over mezcal in the DF, Mark Powell and I were talking about how he should be teaching photography workshops to folks who want to learn a lot while experiencing one of the most incredible cities on the planet.
Really happy to see that Mark’s now doing this; he’s debuting two workshops this fall; one in September, and another, in the midst of the Day of the Dead celebrations, in November.
If you like shooting but want to immerse yourself in something beyond what’s familiar, do yourself a favor and sign-up. I can’t think of any photographic learning experience that would/could be better than this. Check it out!
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- “Foreign & Domestic” at Columbus State University, March 12th - April 19th
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?