Graham’s Shimmer in NYC
“In both the books and the exhibition, you can sense Mr. Graham’s dissatisfaction with traditional photojournalism. His solution is imperfect; it forces the photographer into the role of editor, which doesn’t always work. But it acknowledges that the way we experience photography is changing, through slide shows, vast archives sifted and sorted by tags and key words, and ease of access to video.
In other words, the photographer setting out on the American road must obey the rules of the information superhighway.”
- Roadside Reflections on Your Land, My Land - Karen Rosenberg
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- “Foreign & Domestic” at Columbus State University, March 12th - April 19th
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?