Old Cameras at the Inauguration
Interesting to see all the varieties of photographers out and about this weekend in DC.
Here’s the guy with two Rolleis and a strobe-on-a-pole photographing teenage girls.
Here’s the guy with the Mamiya twin lens. Click for detail. Looks like he could have used some glittens. Camera metal was C O L D on Tuesday.
Here’s a lone 4×5′er, from a cell phone.
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?
- Context for Papageorge “American Sports” Outtakes in HBO Documentary