2 Pieces in the New Foto8
I have two articles in the new issue of (FOTO)8, available on newsstands in the UK today. There’s a review of Matthew Sleeth’s latest Aperture book, “Ten Series / 106 Photographs“; and a long, off-the-page look at a single frame of Tod Papageorge’s from his latest Steidl book “American Sports, 1970: Or How We Spent the War in Vietnam“.
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?
- Context for Papageorge “American Sports” Outtakes in HBO Documentary