…until a contemporary large format photographer revisits locations of suicide bombings to show us street scenes that have rebounded from carnage and devastation?
In other news, Luc Sante sees Rembrandt tones in a “make this digital picture look like black-and-white film” Photoshop filter. Horsesthink on printing. And via horsesthink, cheers to Sze Tsun Leong for keeping the hope (of the analog c-print) alive.
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?
- Context for Papageorge “American Sports” Outtakes in HBO Documentary