Same Same, But Different #5
Tosh Matsumoto, up top, and Garry Winogrand, below. Interestingly, I think both pictures were taken around the same time, meaning, maybe the same decade. Matsumoto is part of the “Photographers of Japanese Descent” show at Howard Greenberg in NYC, which opens on March 14th. I’d link to the relevant info on their site, but the Greenberg site is engineered as a pop-up, boo-hoo.
Tag: Same Same
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?
- Context for Papageorge “American Sports” Outtakes in HBO Documentary