Mermelstein’s Street Illustrations in New WIRED
Interesting to see a few Jeff Mermelstein street photos with photoshopped tickers & billboards in the background in the new “FREE” issue of WIRED.
I’m not one to talk, but it’s also interesting that WIRED uses html code to resize images (which creates poorly rendered images) rather than resizing in pshop and using accurate height&width code.
All photo illustrations © Jeff Mermelstein
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- “Foreign & Domestic” at Columbus State University, March 12th - April 19th
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?