Review of “Eyes on New York” in NYT
Glad to see some more of the great coverage the Times has been achieving on its ancillary blogs, including this coverage of a discussion on street photography with Matt Stuart, Gus Powell and Jeff Mermelstein.
“Mr. Powell said his attitude helps. â€œHonestly, when Iâ€™m taking a lot of these pictures, Iâ€™m usually not trying to do something that is ironic or pointing at, making fun of something,â€ he said. â€œIâ€™m pretty much always responding to something that has been seduced me or that Iâ€™ve been moved by.â€
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?
- Context for Papageorge “American Sports” Outtakes in HBO Documentary