More Press Photography from the Primaries that Doesn’t Lack
Thanks for the pings about “Why Press Photography of the Presidential Primaries Lacks, as a List“. In Columbia, JL tipped me off to Chris Anderson’s unbelievable take on Huckabee (below), and Cary pushed me to check out all of Anderson’s New Hampshire work.
© Chris Anderson, Magnum Photos
Ian sent me a link to Bill Pearce talking about Arthur Grace’s “Choose Me“, from the ‘88 campaign trail. I like Grace’s squares a lot. Copies of the book can be found for a few bucks on alibris, or via the author.
© Arthur Grace, from “Choose Me”
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?
- Context for Papageorge “American Sports” Outtakes in HBO Documentary