“So Help Me…” Views from the Southern Primaries (Part 1)
I wanted to share with those of you who’ve given me a supportive shout in the past few weeks, both virtually, financially, and with loaned cameras, that I’m getting a handle on things. All this burglary business will probably drive this blog in a more personal direction this year. You’ve been warned! Unsubscribe now!
A friend asked why I was shooting the campaigns, and I told her they were the most visually interesting thing happening right now. I’m full of crap, but there are a lot of pictures out in the Primary fray, so I figured I’d poke around and see what I might find. Make a mess, sort it out later. No high art or finished edit here; a few from the Edwards & Obama campaigns. I bailed on Huckabee yesterday, but I’ll be back in South Carolina with the Dems this weekend.
Thanks again for all of your support (and cameras!).
Giant Sweet Potato & John Edwards Supporters, Barnwell, South Carolina
John Edwards Back Pocket Bumper Sticker, Barnwell, South Carolina
Vying for John Edwards’ Attention, Barnwell, South Carolina
John Edwards is Photographed, Barnwell, South Carolina
"MLK March - Obama Chant List", Atlanta, GA (Click for detail)
Barack Obama Button and Fur, Atlanta, GA
Obama Supporters, NH Primary Party, Atlanta, GA (Link to audio slideshow)
New Hampshire Primary Party - Obama Supporters, Atlanta, GA (Link to audio slideshow)
Pink Coat & Leopard Print Stockings, Listening to Barack Obama, Atlanta, GA
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?
- Context for Papageorge “American Sports” Outtakes in HBO Documentary