New Projects Include Tilt-Swing Oprah
I’ve been working on a lot of new stuff this fall. Some of it’s been successful, some not, but it’s always fun to try new things, a la Jena. One of the best things has been discovering the ins-and-outs of shooting with a big camera (never oil a stuck shutter, use lighter fluid!).
At any rate, here’s tilt-swing Oprah (a first-time phrase for the Web) last weekend, in South Carolina. Turned a few pics and some audio into a vid as well, below.
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- “Foreign & Domestic” at Columbus State University, March 12th - April 19th
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?