BBC Genius of Photography
I’d be interested in seeing this BBC Genius of Photography series which has just debuted. Holler if any of you see torrents available:
In other news, I’ll read a crotchety, opinionated blogger any day, especially in the photoblog realm. Why is everyone so timid about being critical? Parr’s “Mexico” sadly underdelivered, but it’s also tough to knock the guy who gave us two volumes on the History of the Photobook (or “Last Resort”, which still amazes). You always want your favorites to keep it rolling in the big chainring, even when they’ve earned the right to coast all the way home.
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- “Foreign & Domestic” at Columbus State University, March 12th - April 19th
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?