It’s Been Awhile, Rocktober
There’ve been more pictures and photographers crossing my radar than ever, and I’ve been slow on staying connected with ya’ll here on 2point8. More soon, I hope.
If you live in the Atlanta are, are a photo book collector, and are planning to purchase Paul Graham’s “A Shimmer of Possibility“, please get in touch. I’d love to see it, and it won’t be making it to the Fulton-County Library anytime soon. Shoot, I’ll even bring wine.
If you’d like a behind-the-scenes glimpse at what’s been happening this month, pictures from ACP can be found here on flickr, and a blog’s on the way.
And again, come see one of my upcoming presentations on the confluence of photography, youtube, and citizen journalism, as seen through the Jena 6 story. Please introduce yourself and say hi. Or you can do it on facebook, where I made the mistake of “inviting” everyone in my gmail contact list (which includes anyone who’s ever been cc’d on an email to you). What a newbie.
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?
- Context for Papageorge “American Sports” Outtakes in HBO Documentary