Mermelstein Video on MediaMatters
Todd Deutsch first blogged this nearly a year ago, and I just found out about it today. A great video interview from January, 2003 with Jeff Mermelstein about his photography, in particular, a discussion of his photos from 9/11.
Be a pal and record the stream (if you have those tech skills) and put it up on gootube, so we can all watch it without restrictive “Real” plug-ins, eh?
Photo of Mermelstein by Matt Weber.
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?
- Context for Papageorge “American Sports” Outtakes in HBO Documentary