Winogrand Video Update
Thanks for your mail and comments about the Winogrand Video. I wanted to give a quick shout to Jim Arnold, the man who found the tape on eBay and digitized it to share with the rest of us.
Another quick item. I mentioned that I’d seen footage from Moyers’ story in the Szarkowski documentary, but it’s not the case - it’s different footage. Which means there are more clips out there (for someone to dig up) of Winogrand photographing on the streets of Los Angeles in the early eighties. It may have been outtakes from the same production, but there’s no duplication of cuts between the two videos.
Anyone out there know Sandra (Sandi) McLeod? Perhaps she knows the source of the other footage.
More Winogrand on 2point8.
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- “Foreign & Domestic” at Columbus State University, March 12th - April 19th
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?