When I emailed Joerg to let Conscientious know about last week’s Taryn Simon interview on Charlie Rose, I didn’t realize that someone at PBS had been busy uploading nearly everything Charlie’s done in the last ten years or so.
These videos weren’t up a few months ago, but they are now. Here’s a quick and incomplete list of what a search for “photographer” yields. I’ve only watched one of these, so I can’t vouch for their quality (or the inanity of most of Rose’s questions).
If you find others, holler in the comments.
Nachtwey and TIME photographers
Larry Fink (
eager to see this)
Nat Geo Women & Bruce Weber
Sept 11th photographers
Leibovitz / Avedon
Robert Capa Retrospective
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- “Foreign & Domestic” at Columbus State University, March 12th - April 19th
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?