Amy Arbus - On the Street
More on the street portraits tip, this one from Amy Arbus and her new book “On the Street“. It’s refereshing (though not unusual) to see August Sander’s name come-up in reference to mother/daughter Arbus, via the audio slideshow off this NYTimes article. I like how this photograph of Thomas Jander in 80’s workout gear reminds me of the moustached German below. Coverage of the gallery opening at modernartobsession.
Amy Arbus, 1983
August Sander, 1926
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- “Foreign & Domestic” at Columbus State University, March 12th - April 19th
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?