Fur Media Blitz Commences
Patricia Bosworth follows-up on her Arbus biography with this article (not available online) in the August Vanity Fair. Photo of an in-character Kidman by Mary Ellen Mark. Expect young women with Rolleiflexes to be all over Coney Island next summer, following in Nicole’s footsteps…
It’s amusing how biopics of artists generally supplant all previous histories of who the artist was and what their work meant. Ed Harris Pollack, Jeffrey Wright Basquiat, Kate Winslet Murdoch, Gwyneth Plath. Yes, more people come in contact with the work through cinema than in a museum, gallery or book. I guess I’m one of those who wonders if that’s a good thing.
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- “Foreign & Domestic” at Columbus State University, March 12th - April 19th
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?