I’m adding a link to Jeff Mermelstein’s work on the Resources page. I’ve been aware of his name, and two pictures of his, in particular (1 and 2) but until today, I hadn’t seen a lot of his work. These two galleries are worth perusing (1 and 2). I’m hoping to find a copy of one of his books so I can take a further look.
He has a show at Steven Kasher in NYC through June 10th.
For StartersWays of Working, a 10-step introduction to the ins-and-outs of street photography with only nine steps. Or, look at Resources & Discussions.
- New Winogrand Restrospective 2013-2015
- Chuck Patch Discovers Winogrand’s 1964 Worlds’ Fair Women at Boston Museum of Fine Arts
- A JPG Transcript of Jacques Derrida on Photography and Not Being Photographed
- Same Same But Different
- “Street Photography Now” Fails to Cite Sources
- Winogrand/Papageorge MIT Transcription
- Street Photography Now (printer’s proof)
- Reconsidering Winogrand
- Does Haiti’s Crisis Call for a New Photojournalism?
- Context for Papageorge “American Sports” Outtakes in HBO Documentary